Do you often eat out? Maybe every day? Then you know a restaurant is no place to improve your health, uncover your abs or bolster your savings plan. Why don’t you try something new and plan to eat better?
- Decide on at least one meal you are going to make each day so you can buy the ingredients beforehand. You can do this a week ahead or even the same day, but if you know what you are going to make or have it ready-to-heat at home it is easier to pass your favorite pizza place.
- Assign simpler meals to days when you know you’ll be busier. You’d be surprised by the array of tasty meals you can make in 10 minutes. Try a Google search such as quick, healthy recipes.
- If you hate cutting vegetables or just want to save time, buy them pre-cut in the frozen food section.
- Buy multi-purpose foods such as brown rice, black beans and canned tomatoes, all of which can be used in a variety of recipes.
- Cook three or four recipes at once and freeze them in ready-to-heat containers. This way, an hour or two on a Sunday solves your dinner plans for the week.