A recent three-month study centered in the British town of Slough employed 50 residents for a happiness quest. These volunteers were given the task of making others happy and were asked to record the best ways to do so (short of giving away large sums of cash or cars).
Based upon their findings, here are the top 10 ways to be happier:
1. Plant something and nurture it.
2. Count your blessings every day.
3. Talk – have an hour-long conversation with a loved one every week.
4. Phone a friend.
5. Give yourself a treat every day and take the time to enjoy it. (Trainer Note: NO CHOCOLATE PLEASE!!!!!)
6. Have a good laugh at least once a day.
7. Exercise for half an hour at least three times a week.
8. Smile and say hello to strangers.
9. Cut your television viewing in half.
10. Do something good for someone else every day.